And no making fun of me for my methods of taking pictures of my arm using a phone and a mirror. Anyway. by Thursday, it changed from a wheal to a large urticaria (think one large hive).
It was incredibly itchy, but fortunately for me, I'm working in an allergy and immunology clinic, where there is plenty of Benedryl. Problem solved. By now (Sunday), the skin is still a little tender, but there's no more swelling or itchiness.
Anyway, enough with my medical issues. I wanted to go on a long(ish) run today (6-8 miles), so I looked up Oahu running trails and selected one around Diamondhead Park. Unfortunately, I not only got lost driving to the park, but also got lost while running, so my longish run turned into a bonafide long run, around 10 miles. Not so much fun with hills and tropical sun. Fortunately, I saturated myself in sunscreen first, so I'm not too burnt.
After that, I hung out at Ala Moana beach, which has really calm water, good for swimming (I did swim a bit, but I forgot my goggles, and salt water and contacts don't mix). If I get any more afternoons off, I might have to take the bus there for more swimming.
4 comments:
I miss Hawaii... it's nice to read what you are talking about and know exactly where you are. :) You should go to the zoo... it's right across from the hotel we stayed at. ;)
Why do you need to be immunized for Japanese encephalitis?
There's Japanese Encephalitis in Papua New Guinea, so they recommend that anyone going to be there for longer than 30 days be immunized (I'll be there for 45).
I would think going to New Guinea, you want to immunized for everything that there can possibly be.....
As to Diamond Head, when I was there 30 years ago, I went for a walk from Waikiki, to around and into Diamond Head crater, then up over the top, through the brush and ultimately back to Waikiki. I don't have any idea how many miles, but it was all day....
Post a Comment