Tuesday, November 11, 2008

North Shore

Happy Veteran's Day! Since it is a holiday, clinic was closed, which meant (another) day off from work. A couple of the other med students and I decided to drive up to the North Shore of Oahu and check out those beaches and watch the surfers.

This is no one I know, but it's the best surfer picture I got.

And of course there was sand castle building.

And then one of my fellow med students decided to demonstrate why weak swimmers should not go out too deep in the ocean when there are 5-15 foot waves. He got caught in a current and the lifeguards had to come bring him in.

So that was the last day of the four-day weekend. Tomorrow, it's back to the Allergy and Immunology clinic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, how embarrassing was that?

Lisa said...

Well, I wouldn't have wanted it to be me :)