Monday, November 24, 2008

Last dive in Hawaii

Sadly, today was my last dive with Gabe and Kaimana Divers. We went out to Waianae again (on the west side of Oahu) and did two different dives than we did last week. No sunken ships or airplanes this time, but we did a cave dive and a reef dive, so there were all sorts of fish and such to see. On the first dive (the caves), we also see a sea turtle, and on the second dive, we saw a couple of octopi (?). That was rather fun, especially when they squirted ink. There's nothing dangerous about the ink; it's just to cloud the water so predators can't see the octopus, giving it time to get away (in theory).

Anyway, here are some pictures from between the dives. This is me and Jack (one of the other divers). Today was her birthday, so she got to pick the dives.

And here are some other divers. It was kinda cold today (75ish), which is why people are bundled up.

So, that's that. I got in six dives this month, which isn't bad. I just wish I knew when I'll be someplace warm enough to go diving again.

2 comments:

Rachel and Jason said...

75 is cold... hahaha... just wait until you come back here! It's cold in Tennessee, and I'm sure Ohio is much worse!

Lisa said...

I know...there's snow on the ground in Columbus :(