Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pictures

As promised, here are my first pictures from Hawaii. Dan (the HPSP student from West Virginia) and I went down to Waikiki on Sunday for dinner. Here's a picture from the beach:


And here's the Mountainside of Tripler (the two main buildings--which are connected--are called Oceanside and Mountainside). I took this on my walk up to the Tripler Lodge after work on Monday.
And more of the same from further up the hill. By the way, these hills do NOT make it fun to go running.
More pictures to come later (as I take them, of course).

It was more of the same at work today. COL Yang was doing vaccine clinic again this morning and had Dawn (the University of Hawaii fourth year med student) working with him, which left Tracie (the PA student) and I with nothing to do. After lunch and noon conference, we had one new patient, a woman with some sort of environmental irritant in the building she works in that has been preventing her from going to work. Even though the history wasn't consistent with allergies, we did skin tests on her anyway, which were, not surprisingly, negative. Chemical irritants (ie, perfume, cleansers) aren't allergies, and can't be treated with medicine like allergies. So we scheduled a follow-up (for what, I'm not sure) and sent her on her way.

After work, I decided I needed food, which is not to be found at the Tripler base, so after one of my usual laps on base, I ran to Ft. Shafter (about two and a half miles away) to visit their very small PX/Commissary before making the trek up and down the hills back.

Not sure what's on the schedule for tomorrow, but I'm guessing it won't be too different from any other day.

No comments: