Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Free vaccines in the Allergy and Immunology clinic

Okay, technically, there are always free vaccines (at least to military personnel, dependents, and contractors) on military bases, but I saw it first-hand today while working in vaccine clinic. It was pretty fun, actually--people were lined up with their papers saying which vaccines they needed, COL Yang would chat with them for a couple of seconds, sign their papers, and send them to the Specialist to get their shots. I realized that since I'm on active duty this month, I also qualify for free shots, so I grabbed my own sheet of paper, gave it to COL Yang, and got my third Japanese Encephalitis shot, saving myself about $100, which is what it would have cost to get it at the OSU Health Center.

After a fun and exciting day in vaccine clinic, I got off work at 1500, went on a run (running up and down a Hawaiian mountain may sound fun, but it's actually hard work) and then grabbed a taxi to go into Honolulu for dinner. There is absolutely no place on base to get food--at all. There's not even a PX or commissary.

I did get a new sync cable for my phone, but it still isn't working, so there's something wrong with either the phone or the computer. Hopefully it's something I can fix.

No comments: