Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cross-country drive, day 2

Today was another long day in the car--rather, an even longer day. We left our hotel a little before 8 this morning, and just got into our hotel in Cheyenne, Wyoming around 9:15, after changing time zones in the middle somewhere. So it was the rest of Iowa, Nebraska, into Colorado, and into Wyoming.

Unfortunately, this is the only "Entering (fill in the blank state)" sign that I got. I was driving when we crossed into Colorado, and Mom still hasn't figured out my camera. She did manage to take a picture this time, just not of the sign.


I told her she gets partial credit for trying. Unfortunately, even though Mom was driving when we crossed into Wyoming, we didn't manage to get a shot of the sign, due to the sun setting and the construction on the freeway. Oh, well.

During our brief detour into Colorado (well, we spent more time in Colorado than Wyoming so far, but it was still a detour) we met up with my aunt Christy and her family for dinner. Mealtime with four often hyper boys aged between 3 and 14 was quite the experience, and I'll just leave it at that.

Another long day of driving tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have more luck with the camera.

No comments: