
The one on the left is from MG Bostick, the one on the right is from LTC Rice, the commanding officer of the 3rd Medical Recruiting Battalion. And the backs:

After the tour, I ran home to change into my class B uniform (green skirt, green short sleeved shirt with 2LT bars on the shoulders) and headed for the restaurant to socialize with people with much higher ranks than my own. Fortunately, there were a couple of dental students there, too, so I wasn't alone in my second lieutenant-ness. After that, it was running home again, changing back into my scrubs, and heading back to school to do a kidney biopsy on someone with much larger issues than that (another cadaver). All of the running around made me a bit tired, but they're paying for my education, so it's the least I could do. Besides, it got me coins :)
5 comments:
Jason says "ooo... officers always get that sh**". :) Very nice very nice...
I'm a dork for being excited about such things, I know, but those are my first two coins since I graduated from OBC, so it made me happy :)
For us civilians who have no clue -- what is the significance of getting a coin? Things to collect to show where you've been and what you've done, sort of?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.
Hey... Jason says they are good power when you go to boards for promotions though... and having one from a 2-star general is pretty dang good!
Post a Comment