Well, it was a nice and relaxing weekend, but like all weekends, had to end. After Adrienne and I went on our usual Saturday morning long run (nine miles this time), I threw some clothes in a bag and headed over to Dayton to spend some time with the McNachtans before I head out to Washington for a couple of months. It was good to spend time with Ed and Tina and the kids and just relax. Saturday was mostly just lounging around the house and somewhat trying to convince myself to at least do some practice questions for the boards (I think I did 25...). On Sunday we went out to John Bryan State Park and went "hiking". I just the quotation marks because going on a 2.6 mile loop with a seven-year-old and five-year-old hardly constitutes hiking in my mind, but it was on real trails, and the kids seemed somewhat tired when we were done (Paige was getting rather fussy), so I guess it qualifies. Then we went out to a late lunch, I threw my bag back in my car, and after a brief detour to the Air Force base to pick up a wireless router and fill up on gas that was less than $4 a gallon (I think it was $3.95), it was back to Columbus to discover that I can't even manage to set up a wireless network properly. I'll give it another shot later tonight after Adrienne gets home. Until then, it's stealing the neighbor's unsecured wireless for me.
So today I was obviously back at school. We had another lengthly session of procedures this morning, with incision and drainage of abscesses, ventilator management (complete waste of half an hour; that's what respiratory techs are for), intubation, central lines, and more practice running a code. Then we had journal club in the afternoon, and were off at two. If it weren't for the fact that the pool at the gym is closed until 6:30 this evening, it would have been a perfect day all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment