So today is Friday (as if you didn't already know that). It was quite a nice Friday, too. We had an hour an a half of clinical skills this morning--half an hour each of running a code (when someone stops breathing/doesn't have a pulse), learning how to put on casts, and anoscopy (if you don't know what that is, you probably don't want to). That was pretty fun, but they wouldn't let me walk around the rest of the day with my arm in a cast, which would have been great. After that, we didn't have anything scheduled until 1:30, so four hours of free time, which I spent going home, doing some of my on-line course for my internation rotation in January, doing some practice questions for step 2 of the boards, finishing my evaluations for OB, and actually making lunch. Then it was back to school for two hours of lecture, which I somewhat paid attention to, and we were done at 3:30. I have a few homework-type assignments to do over the weekend, but for the most part, it's completely free. I think I'm going over to Dayton to see Ed and Tina and the kids (Tina is a third cousin, her mother is Margaret Hampton).
Adrienne and I decided to celebrate the free weekend-ness by going to North Star for dinner. It's currently one of the top in our rotations of restaurants, but it's a little spendy for our budget and really hippie-yuppish--all organic food and all that. But it tastes good and they usually have a table or two on the patio, so it's a nice place to sit and have dinner when the weather is nice. While we were there we talked about our other roommate, who is moving out in eight days (not that I'm counting down or anything...) but decided that she just has to take the wireless router to the new place tomorrow, without giving us advance warning to buy a new one. So that started a whole rant about how inconsiderate she is and how glad we are that she's moving out. I'll stop by the exchange at the Air Force base down in Dayton while I'm there and buy a new one, that's not a big deal, but it just frustrates me that she never considered that her taking away the router was something that we should know about. The only reason she told us today was because Adrienne asked specifically if she was going to take it to her new place (it is hers, so I can't fault her for that). Grr. Oh, well. She'll be gone soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment