Monday, June 8, 2009

Movers

The movers are here, which means I'm camped out on the couch in my living room (not my usual sitting place, as my roommate already pointed out), trying to stay out of their way. I'm impressed; they've been here for two hours, and have already managed to pack up everything I own, something that would have taken me two days and a lot of swearing.

Anyway, not much of note has happened since hooding and commissioning on Thursday (and eventually, I may get those pictures up, but I think everyone's seen them all anyway). I've had a few dinners/lunches with people I'm going to miss when I'm gone, and pretty much spent the rest of the time sitting around, being a bum and enjoying my last week of freedom. Yes, last week--my report time is 0600 at Walter Reed on Friday, June 12. Uniform of the day: ACU (they sent us a schedule for intern orientation, complete with 'uniform of the day' for every day). It's a little intimidating, but I think I'm ready. Before then, though, I have to survive driving to DC tomorrow, unpacking my car, getting to Ikea to finish buying furniture, and having the movers bring my stuff on Wednesday. It's going to be a busy week.

No comments: