Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Movers, Part 2

The movers dropped my stuff off today, which was a really fast process--I think they were only here for an hour (not bad when you're talking about getting stuff from the loading dock to the 12th floor). I had the option of having them unpack stuff for me, but since I'm still figuring out where everything is going to go, I opted for doing it all myself.

Oh, my goodness, I have a lot of useless junk.

I have more room (in terms of square footage) here than I had in my basement/dungeon in Columbus, but I had a ton more storage space, so now I have all this stuff that I let accumulate, and no idea where to put it. I've already run three boxes of stuff over to Goodwill (in addition to the box before I left Columbus), and I've found more stuff that will be joining it. That is a definite downside to using movers--instead of figuring out what you want to keep before you move, you have to deal with it when it's already at your new place.

Anyway, I have pictures on my camera of my condo filled with boxes, but the cables connecting said camera to the computer are in one of those boxes, so they'll get up eventually (maybe).

I still have yet to buy living room furniture (couch, coffee table, entertainment center, rugs). I know what I'm going to get at Ikea, but they were out of my couch, so I have to wait until it comes in. Fortunately, this Ikea delivers, so I don't have to try to figure out how I'm going to get a couch in a Jetta :) I found rugs I like at Target, but I figure I should wait until my place doesn't look like a maze of brown boxes before buying rugs.

Good news--the Comcast guys are coming tomorrow, so I'll have TV and not-stolen internet! In a perfect world, they'll come early tomorrow and Ikea will have my couch in, so I can go and buy my stuff and have it delivered tomorrow (have to buy it before 4pm for them to deliver the same day). Then I can be more-or-less (well, less, let's be honest) settled in before starting orientation on Friday.

No comments: