After arriving back in the great state of WA from New Mexico, I climbed (literally) into Kit's big red rental pick-up, crashed at his place for the night, and headed over the mountains for the heat and sagebrush of Moses Lake on Saturday. Not much happened on Saturday; Mom and I visited Stephanie, Madison, and Boe, and then we headed out to the Hochstatter's for a pinochle party (something that one doesn't really see in Ohio).
Sunday was Thea's baptism, followed by a family/church/whoever felt like showing up barbecue at Lou and Debbie's. Danelle and Nicholas were a bit wary of me at first (as Ben said, Nicholas must be able to sense the doctor), but they eventually realized I wasn't going to be poking or prodding, and that I wasn't too scary, and Danelle even went so far as to demonstrate several animal sounds and motions by the middle of the afternoon.
Then it was back over the mountains, at which point I remembered that I had stuff (namely, my suitcase with my uniforms and boots) still in Kit's apartment, with no Kit. Since they were jet skiing in one of several large pockets of no cell phone reception, I wasn't able to get a hold of him to figure out a way in. Fortunately, after we called just about everyone we knew in Moses Lake, Jon showed up, so we were able to get in and get my stuff, and then it was back down to Tacoma for me, to start my last week at Madigan.
No comments:
Post a Comment