Thursday, August 14, 2008

USMLE Step 2 CK score

Yay! I passed Step 2 CK! I got an email this morning as I was getting ready to head out for the conference saying that my score was in. However, when I tried to click on the link, the settings on Internet Explorer were off or something, and it wouldn't open, and I didn't have time to fix it before I had to leave. So, I figured that I passed, because if I failed, it would say something along the lines of "click here to reschedule", and it didn't. I finally got to check when we returned to the hotel in the evening, and I did indeed pass, and beat the national average by 2 points (which was a closer margin than my Step 1 score).

Other than that, the most exciting event of my day was my "interviews" for residency positions with the two Preventive Medicine residency directors (Madigan and Walter Reed). I use that word lightly, because it was really just a conversation about why I'm interested in PM and how the two programs are different. That, and this was nothing scheduled--I showed up where I knew they were sitting between sessions in the conference (granted, LTC Wiesen told me where they were going to be and told me they would be there between 9 and 12, but that was it).

There were a few good sessions, a few boring ones, and when the day was over, we headed back to the hotel, ordered dinner, and watched the Olympics. All in all, a good day.

No comments: