Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aaron's ordination and visiting the cemetery

I guess I'm a little slow with the posting. On Sunday, Mom, Dad, and myself went down to Hillsboro to attend Aaron Putnam's ordination. It was a nice ceremony, and it was good to see family I hadn't seen in awhile (or ever, for some of them).

After that, we swung by the Lewis Pioneer Cemetery, because I still hadn't seen Grandma's headstone. We discovered that the cemetery had a new sign.

I thought it was pretty cool.


Grandma's headstone. I think it turned out rather nice.


We also saw Ted's headstone while we were there. If you notice, both of these have pennies on them. Those were the two newest graves (at least in the Hesse plot), so we thought it had something to do with marking them for something, but we weren't sure. Dad emailed Troy and asked, and he said that the pennies are signs from above, placed by our loved ones in places we wouldn't expect to get our attention. Well, it worked, because we noticed them.

I'm in Albuquerque right now, at the Army's Force Health Protection conference. Not much exciting so far, just listened to a few talks on malaria in Afghanistan and diarrheal diseases while deployed.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Albuquerque??
Boy, you move fast...