This was our fourth day of driving (which was yesterday). It was a shorter day than some of the others, getting us into my apartment at about 5:30 Eastern time. Being back in Columbus is quite the experience so far. It doesn't really feel like I've been gone for two months, and it's an interesting re-adjustment for Adrienne as well, who's had the apartment to herself for those two months. At any rate, she left early for work this morning (most of my classmates are on a rotation right now; I only have a vacation because I started last month early), and Mom and I wasted some time around Columbus before I took her to the airport at about three. Just our luck, though, it was raining today, which somewhat impeded our plans (going to the park and going for a walk; there's not much to do around Columbus), but it did let up enough for us to do that later in the morning.
Anyway, Mom is somewhere between here and Portland now, and I'm getting all sorts of stuff ready for the next few days and for my rotation at Walter Reed next month (I'm flying on Monday, assuming the government's travel agency gets me my travel documents). Tomorrow I have a meeting about a letter of recommendation in the morning and a Med 4 lecture about reducing infection through hand-washing (as if we didn't know that already) in the evening, followed by the first Military Medicine Interest Group meeting of the year, which I'm in charge of getting food for (guess it'll be pizza yet again). In other words, there's a lot going on in the next few days. I'm almost looking forward to my next rotation starting because it'll give me some more time to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment