Sunday, July 13, 2008

Still here

Yup, I'm still here... and still doing more of the same. See, when I told you the life of a med student wasn't that exciting, this is what I'm talking about.

Kit came down this weekend (showed up Friday about noon), so that was a little bit of change from the usual nothingness. We had a barbecue on Friday night with Andrew and Megan, which mostly consisted of us putting burgers, corn on the cob, and salmon on the barbecue and wandering off to do other things. We're going to have to find a more efficient way to grill corn and salmon--both took about an hour and a half. After everyone was done eating and whatnot, I loaded up the dishwasher, started it, and went off to bed. Then Saturday I got up, headed down to the gym for my cross-training (swimming, exercise bike, and elliptical) and came back. When I opened the dishwasher to grab a bowl for my breakfast, I noticed there were bubbles everywhere. Very confused about this, I tried unsuccessfully to get the dishwasher to rinse again. That was about the time Kit wandered up to the kitchen and noticed the giant puddle that had been sitting on the hardwood floor probably all night. So, to sum it up, the dishwasher was clogged, water went everywhere, floorboards might be permently a bit warped, and there are very few places around here that repair Bosch dishwashers. Supposedly, someone is coming out on Wednesday to take a look at it. In the meantime, it's washing dishes by hand, something I loathe deeply and fortunately haven't had to do much of since the apartment I lived in first year.

Other than the dishwasher fiasco, it's been same old, same old, like I said earlier. Just a lot of studying. Kit and I were briefly considering going to a few car dealerships and test driving some cars, just to see what I like, but that didn't happen because I, again, started to panic about the fact that both of my exams are coming up way too quickly. In fact, I'm flying down to LA tomorrow night for my clinical skills exam... yikes!

USMLE countdown:
CS--2 days (well, 37 hours)
CK--8 days

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good luck to you, Lisa, on the big test! Probably only the first of many; may they get easier as they go along.
Debbie