I arrived back from LA at about 10:30 last night, so I was home by 11 (I really enjoy being so close to the airport). After pretty much collapsing into bed last night, I was up again this morning for the same old routine: breakfast, run, shower, second breakfast, read cardiology, read practice cases, do practice problems, lunch, do more practice problems, go the gym, do more practice problems, dinner, and then contemplate doing more practice problems (which is the step I'm at right now).
I have learned a value lesson the last week or so: doing practice problems while sitting out on the deck enjoying the sunshine is probably not the best study technique I've ever come up with. First of all, I do much worse on the problems. Second, I never to think to put on sunscreen, so I'm getting some pretty interesting tan lines. Still, it's hard being cooped up in the house all day.
Good news: the dishwasher guy came this morning, and all is better again. Turns out it wasn't that big of a deal; for some reason, the detergent foamed up more than usual (I know I didn't add too much; it's hard to mess up on measuring an Electrosol tab), which hit some sensor in the dishwasher and blew the breaker. At any rate, it's working again, so I don't have to wash dishes by hand.
USMLE countdown:
CK: 5 days
3 comments:
Oh yeah... by the way, I didn't realize you were going to be in WA for July, so I sent your wedding invite to Ohio... so if you want to RSVP, do it on your parents' invite. ;)
Have you always had breakfast and second breakfast? I thought that was just Lou's thing (he even calls it second breakfast, from Lord of the Rings -- the hobbits said they have second breakfast and it sounded like a good idea to him). So that was sort of interesting.
What does CK stand for in 5 days?
I just eat something small before I go running, and something small again after I get back and all cleaned up. We did that on OB/GYN as well, because our first breakfast was usually between 4:30-5:30, so when we got hungry again, it was still normal breakfast time.
CK stands for clinical knowledge. It's the multiple choice part of Step 2 of the USMLE (which stands for United States Medical Licensing Exam... we have a lot of acronyms).
Post a Comment