Thursday, July 24, 2008

The new car

As promised, here are some pictures of my brand-new Volkswagen Jetta:


Yup, that's the odometer when I picked it up... 7 miles. A little bit insane. It's the basic model, but that has pretty much everything I want/need: cloth seats (with heated seats in the front), all sorts of airbags and safety features like that, telescoping steering wheel, climate control, CD player, a port for my iPod, duel transmission (which I doubt I'll ever use but Alex had a fun time playing with), cruise control, heated windshield (that'll be nice when I wake up to an inch of snow/ice on my car in the winter), and some other stuff I can't remember right now. I'm pretty excited about it, which is good, because I'll be paying for this until I finish residency.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Black? ... you obviously don't live or plan to do much driving on farm (dirt) or gravel roads! I/we have only purchased one brand new car, and it is sort of fun to know it's yours and only yours. Looks like it will be a good one for you. Congratulations.

Lisa said...

Unfortunately, the only colors they had were black, white, and silver. I didn't want white, and the black looked better than the silver.

Dayna said...

I thought the same thing when I saw black. You should like it though--I know several people with Jetta's and they love them. One thing I notice about people on the freeway though is they tend to drive too fast (way too fast). Is your insurance pretty high on this car for that reason? Nice that the "base model" has so much stuff too.

Lisa said...

Actually, with the extra safety features and higher safety ratings, I only pay $5 more per insurance payment ($10 more/year) to insure the Jetta than the Sentra.