Yes, I know it's been over a week since my last post, but I've been busy :) After finishing up my sub-i on Friday, Adrienne and I loaded up the car and drove down to southern Indiana. We ran the Derby Mini-Marathon in Louisville, KY on Saturday (miserable race; it was very, very hot, and we were not ready for that kind of weather!). Then on Sunday, she drove me to the Louisville airport and I took off for DC. I stayed with one of my Army friends on Sunday, and then on Monday, I became a homeowner! I now officially own an 800 sq ft condo in Rockville, MD (and am officially poor--I can't wait for those active duty paychecks to start coming in!)
I promised pictures way back when, so here they come:

This is the kitchen (obviously). Don't you just love the gold walls? :) Other than that (which will be gone after today), I love the kitchen--granite countertops, nice cabinets (although a bit tall...), and new Maytag appliances.

Here's the living room. Not the best depiction of the gold walls (that'll be the next picture), but pretty decent shot of the large picture window.

And here are the infamous gold walls. Yes, that's on every wall of the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. It's getting painted today.

The bedroom. The maroon is going to be gone, too (apparently, the seller also had a lot of Chief spirit...)

And the bathroom. The gold isn't as obnoxious in here, but it's going to be replaced by a greenish (Contemplation is the name of the Behr color).
So that's the condo! I'll post more pictures of the progress as it's being painted and furnished.
1 comment:
Congrats.
I think your oven is the same one as mine.
Post a Comment