As far as what's happened since the last night on call... not much. See patients, see patients get better, send them home, repeat. I took off early on Friday to head down to southern Indiana for Adrienne's bridal shower and bachlorette party, which was a lot of fun (the bachlorette party more than the bridal shower). She has a fairly large extended family, and at one point, one of her second cousins or something made a comment to me about how strange I must find it that Adrienne knows all of her extended family. I said not really. It was nothing new to me!
We went to a dueling piano bar for the bachlorette party--lots of fun. I'll leave it at that.
And then Sunday was Easter and Easter dinner with Adrienne's immediate family (plus future mother-in-law) before we loaded back into the car in time to take her sister to the airport (her younger sister is a grad student at Harvard). Then it was back to Columbus, where I went for a quick run, ate dinner, and went to bed (after forgetting to call my parents--sorry) fairly early in order to get up at my usual 4:30 for another fun and exciting day as a sub-i.
Standard stuff for the last few days. Most of the patients are fairly simple--cellulitis, give them a couple of days of IV antibiotics before sending them home on pills. Right now, most of our patients are pretty stable, but we have room for three more on the census, so I might have to deal with admitting three new patients from the ED. For the meantime, though, I'm going to be looking forward to this:

In case you can't read that, it says "You are no longer covering for IM Infectious Disease Pager (INF). That is the best page one could ever receive. It means no more random pages about a patient's perfectly normal temperature or mild hypertension, and a few hours of sleep are on the horizon.
Anyway, now that I'm done eating dinner, I should probably go find my intern so we can pull a dialysis catheter out of a patient's femoral vein (ah, I bet you wish you had my life...)
No comments:
Post a Comment