It was back to work at WRAIR today to get started on my epidemiological project, which involved coming and going to many of the various military medical facilities in the DC area--with my CAC scanned at each location. Big brother is watching. Here was the day (I would include a map, but that seems like way too much work):
-Arrive at WRAIR, do some background work on LTC Cersovsky's computer
-To USUHS (Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences) for the Preventive Medicine Interest Group meeting (the PM docs were there to give advice/tell stories. I was there for free food).
-Back to WRAIR for more background work
-To Walter Reed to meet with the doctors who reported the outbreak/cluster to USACHPPM (United States Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine). While there, we learned that one patient is still at Reed, two are at Madigan, one is somewhere in Texas, and one is in locations unknown. Also, the doctors are going to look through their recent cases to see if any others fit this pattern.
-Back to WRAIR at the end of the day
All in all, it was a good day. I'm really excited about this investigation, regardless of what comes of it. I'm less excited about my presentation on DA pamphlet 40-11: Preventive Medicine on chapters 8-11 on Wednesday.
2 comments:
Did I miss it, or is what these patients are suffering from "classified" information?
It's not necessarily "classified", but "privileged", for a couple of reasons: 1) HIPAA, which makes it all but impossible to say anything about any patient, and 2) We really can't say anything about conditions that may be affecting the troops. Regardless of whether or not it's something that enemies could take advantage of, it's never good form to admit any weaknesses.
Post a Comment