The White House.
A closer view of the Capitol. I'm not sure what's in the tent in the foreground, but when I got closer to investigate, there was a sign that said "Children's Library of Congress", whatever that's supposed to mean.
And here's the Lincoln Memorial, with the World War II Memorial in the foreground. For those of you who haven't seen the WWII Memorial, they have panels along the walls with images from the war and in the States during the war. I liked the ones with military doctors.
Vaccines and stethoscopes... yeah, that seems familiar.
Okay, these are probably medics, not doctors, but I liked it anyway.
And the Korean War Memorial. These guys have really creepy expressions on their faces up close.
They had images in the granite here as well, and I found one of a scene from a MASH (yes, like the TV show).
So that was DC... I flew back to Columbus on Saturday and spent the weekend running errands, and then I had orientation for my ER rotation this morning. It was mostly really dull lectures, followed by a suturing workshop, where they gave us ham hocks and acted as if we've never held sutures before. Great fun. My first shift is tomorrow at 2pm, and I think it's a ten hour shift, and then an hour drive back to Columbus, because I have my EMS ride-along at 8am on Wednesday. It'll be a busy first few days, but it's only three days a week for four weeks, so I think I'll be able to handle that.
3 comments:
I saw something on one of the morning shows last week saying they were doing something for children's literacy in DC. They were supposed to have a bunch of the big authors and lots of activities for kids. Would have been better in nicer weather, I suppose.
Three days a week for four days, huh? I think you messed something up with that sentence. ;)
We're not that far away from each other anymore!
All fixed :)
Post a Comment