Friday, August 5, 2011

Back in Malindi (Again)

Yes, I am again back in Malindi, my jet-setting days around Kenya coming to an end (for another two weeks, until I jet out of Kenya). The past two days in Kilifi were fun (and very relaxing), but it's nice to be back to having internet.

I did absolutely nothing today (no, really). I slept in, had breakfast, and had a massage before leaving Kilifi, and then after arriving back in Malindi, went out to lunch with Jeremy (the clinical officer who does all of the liaising with the visiting students and residents) and COL Coldren, and then we sat at the bar and had a couple of beers before it was time for COL Coldren to get on his plane to go back home. Then I lounged around, read some emails, read some of a free Kindle book (that's not all that good, but I'm reading anyway), and now I'm updating the blog. I know. Everyone wishes they had a life as interesting as mine.

I'm at my two-thirds point right now; four weeks down, two to go, and I'm at that point when I'm starting to be ready to be going home and getting back to my routines (and my home). I sat down with the marathon training program I found a few months ago, and realized I'm already several weeks behind getting started for training for the Marine Corps Marathon; fortunately, I'm not exactly starting from scratch, but I still need to find a treadmill, and that's at the top of my list of things to do tomorrow. I also miss getting to do laundry whenever I want/need to do laundry, and going to the grocery store when I need to, etc, etc.

But two weeks will go by before I know it, and then I'll be complaining because I miss the laid-back pace of Kenya :) I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

No comments: