Friday, March 12, 2010

Done with the rotation!

Today was the last day of my research rotation (I'm still in Peru; not leaving until early Sunday morning, but all I have left to do is hang out in Lima and spend money I don't have at the Inka Market). It was a pretty low-key day; all I did was give my presentation. Here's the title slide:


Both LCDR Maves and Wes (the Georgetown student) chuckled at the little bugs at the bottom. So, in case you can't tell from the title, I focused my research and my presentation on entomology (the study of bugs, not the study of language--that etymology) and its role in preventive medicine, starting with the history of diseases carried by bugs in the military, with a healthy amount of information about MAJ Walter Reed, because no self-respecting Army preventive medicine resident can do a project that has anything to do with bugs without talking about MAJ Walter Reed.

So that was that. As I was filling out my evaluations and preparing to email the presentation to my program director, though, I realized I never turned in a research proposal to her (supposed to be done one week before the research rotation begins) because I never filled one out. So I did that this afternoon, too, and amazingly enough, I did everything from my proposal during this rotation. I'm just that good (filling things out retrospectively doesn't hurt, though...).

Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow that won't end up costing me another few hundred Soles... (BTW, Mom, I found a painting I think you'll really like. Happy birthday. You'll get it a week after our birthday, when you and Dad come visit).

No comments: