The first patient I saw on Monday was a two-year-old girl who suffers from maternal hyper-vigilant syndrome--pretty much, there's nothing wrong with her, but her mother thinks that she gets sick more than two-year-olds are supposed to, so she's being worked up for an immuno-deficiency syndrome. I'm pretty sure everything will come back normal.
Nothing too exciting on Tuesday or Wednesday, just the standard allergic rhinitis and hives. Today, one of the allergists at WRAMC was giving a lecture on immunology and occupational asthma to the second-year preventive medicine residents at USUHS (working on their MPH), and she invited me along. Of course, by the time I got back to WRAMC, all of the fellows were done seeing their morning patients, so I didn't really have to do except work on my application for a Virginia medical license (we have to be licensed; it doesn't really matter which one, and Virginia is one of the easiest and cheapest) and took off early to take some of the paintings I bought in Peru to the framing shop, where I spent an arm and a leg to get them framed. They better look pretty good when they're done.
No comments:
Post a Comment