After a very snowy week in Camas, I am again sitting in an aiport (PDX) for the nth (I'm too lazy to count) time this year, waiting to go off on my next adventure. For those of you who don't remember, I am going to be spending four weeks in Papua New Guinea on a Global Health elective, learning about tropical medicine and basically working on not getting dengue fever (I have medicine for malaria and am vaccinated against just about everything else, so that's what I'm going with).
As part of my rotation, I will be keeping a blog with INMED, the organization that is taking me to PNG. Obviously, as I will be in the bush of a strange foreign country, internet access will be patchy at best, and I will not be keeping two blogs. So, here's my link to where you can see what I'm up to until I return:
inmedblogs.us/elisabethhesse
Enjoy, and I'll talk to you soon!
1 comment:
I think Natalie Sk**g did get dengue fever when she did some time in college (?) in Puerto Rico. At least that is what I thought Laurel said once. She was pretty sick just before it was time to come home. Hope you avoid such stuff, and any other malady while you are there. You are certainly getting to see a lot of the world in all of this --
Post a Comment