The military match results came in this morning at 0600 EST. I have, obviously, been looking forward to this moment for months, if not years. Here it is:
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research preventive and occupational medicine residency class of 2013
Yay! That was my first choice and I'm quite thrilled with the results. Tonight is our post-match Military Medicine Interest Group meeting, so I'll find out how my military classmates did and where they'll be going.
Anyway, here's my schedule for the next four years:
July 2009-June 2010: transition year internship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
July 2010-June 2011: Master's of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (or Master's of Public Health) at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (or, if I get an MPH, at Johns Hopkins University)
July 2011-June 2012: Preventive Medicine practicum year at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
July 2012-June 2013: Occupational Medicine practicum year at the USUHS
I don't know how they expect me to do work today. I'm too excited!
2 comments:
Well, YAY.
I don't know exactly what all of this means, but you certainly are excited about it, so Yay for you!
Merry Christmas.
congratulations!
Post a Comment