Not much exciting has been going on the last few days (hence the lack of posts), and not much happened today, but I felt the need to update, so this is what you get. We started the day with didactics and a quiz (which was, fortunately, fairly easy), rounding out the morning with 'geropardy' (Jeopardy questions about old people... my team lost because we liked to bet it all on daily doubles).
Anyway, I ducked out of class a bit early at 11:30 to head over to Meiling Hall, where I spent way too much time my first two years of medical school, to hear MAJ DeZee, an OSU College of Medicine alum and current internal medicine residency program director at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX give a talk about humanitarian missions with the Army. I've actually heard him give this exact same speech before, during my first year. I also met with him at the American College of Physicians conference during my second year, so he was rather disappointed when I told him I decided to go into preventive medicine instead of internal medicine. I'll probably get to see him around Walter Reed next year, though, as he's taking over as the General Internal Medicine fellowship director at WRAMC. I hope that I'm working with him during one of my internal medicine ward months. He would be a really fun attending to have.
Between the lunch and the 'networking' (which was really just the Army students standing around and catching up), it was about 2pm when I first arrived at Dodd for my rotation. Apparently the attending didn't believe the residents when they told her that we were at didactics all morning and that I had a lunch, because she was grilling me what I was doing and why I hadn't seen my patients yet. Whatever. I just have to pass this rotation in order to graduate.
And now I'm tired, so I'm going to bed so I can get up early tomorrow and go to a case conference about testing sacral nerves. I'll give you a hint: it's not a test I would like done.
No comments:
Post a Comment