My parents and I arrived in DC on Tuesday night. Dad had his meetings with various people on Capitol Hill, and Mom and I had an appointment to meet with the realtor on Wednesday morning. So we hopped on the Metro and headed out to Bethesda and met with the realtor. On Wednesday, she took us to various places in Rockville, Bethesda, and Chevy Chase, all fairly close to National Naval Medical Center (Bethesda), the future site of Walter Reed National Medical Center at Bethesda (combination of Walter Reed Army Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center, scheduled to occur in 2011). There were a few that looked really good on the inside, but looked like old apartments on the outside, so I wasn't too thrilled with those. Then there were a couple of high-rises, which I liked a lot better.
Anyway, on day two, we saw some more places in Silver Spring (closer to Walter Reed), and while the units themselves were nice, they were all in the same community, which was a children-and-dog type area--not really what I'm looking for. So we made plans to go back to one of the highrises in Rockville (2 metro stops from NNMC and USUHS, where I'll be spending my second year of residency). Friday I made an offer and filled out all sorts of contracts, so hopefully we'll be finding out soon if the offer was accepted.
Yesterday we met up with Melanie and went on a tour of the new Visitor's Center at the Capitol, then went on to the Newseum and spent some time wandering around there. Quite an interesting place. I'd recommend it if you're in DC with a few hours that you can dedicate to museum walking.
Anyway, here's a picture of the building where I made an offer. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the unit (which would probably be entertaining, considering the bright gold that is currently on the walls).

No comments:
Post a Comment