Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back at Work

Because our battalion is still getting started as far as missions, I was fortunate enough to be able to escape for two weeks of leave for Christmas and New Year's. I started with a week in Everett at Alex and Allison's house with the family, with a side trip over the mountains to Moses Lake for a day to see Papa and the cousins and their families.

Mountains. Aren't they pretty?
For the second week, I hopped over to the other Washington (D.C., that is) for some time with my friends. My friend Jen (the one I went to Kilimanjaro with) broke her leg, so it was a pretty low-key stay. She invited some friends over for New Year's Eve; it was good to get to hang out with them again.

Unfortunately, on New Year's Day, I boarded a plane back down to Savannah, because on the 2nd, I had to be back at work. Fortunately, most of the battalion was still on leave, so I had the office to myself and was able to be pretty productive. I didn't end up missing much while I was gone (like I said, there's not much in terms of missions), so it took me surprisingly very little time to get caught up.

I think things are going to start picking up pretty quickly, so now's the time to get as prepared as possible, and hopefully we'll be ready when it's time for the first team to be out the door.

No comments: